Skip navigation
dahldesign1
Currently Being Moderated

Question: I need to upgrade from CS4

Feb 14, 2014 3:13 PM

Tags: #upgrade #creative_design_suite_4

Having missed the upgrades in between I now need to upgrade from CS4 to CS5 (not CS5.5 just CS5) in order to work with a particular client. Is this still possible in February 2014?

Replies
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,905 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Feb 14, 2014 4:46 PM   in reply to dahldesign1

Not that I am aware of.  Treat yourself to a CC subscription.  It'll be the best gift anyone ever gave you

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,995 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Feb 14, 2014 6:43 PM   in reply to dahldesign1

For the most part newer versions of Photoshop are backwards compatible with older versions of Photoshop. However there are exceptions sometime UI and features are removed so sometime a few older assets are not compatible.  Also if you work one these older assets and make updates. If you give you client you updated files they may not be able to process all the update. Older versions can not be forward compatible with newer versions of Photoshop support for newer features does not exists.  If you save PSD using the maximum compatibility option in the newer version of Photoshop layers that you used newer features on may be able to be rastersized by to older version of Photoshop during Photoshop open file process.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points