Skip navigation
Vartanyan
Currently Being Moderated

Help with PrPro CC / AE CC composition

Feb 14, 2014 4:37 PM

Tags: #after #effects #pro #premiere #composition #opacity #cc #blennding

Hi there,

Question from a first-time poster in the forums:

I recently upgraded to CC versions for my Premiere Pro and After Effects programs. Everything is great, except one thing is driving me crazy: When I "replace with AE composition" in premiere pro and do some color correcting in AE, I end up with a very strange double exposure in my Premiere Pro program monitor. It's as if I have some kind of blending mode turned on where I can see the clip right under the one I just replaced with an AE composition. For the record, I did check to make sure all my blending modes are set to default in both PP and AE. Opacity on all clips is set to 100%.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn this effect off (even though it does look pretty cool in spots). Can anyobdy offer some advice?

Thank you so much!

Anri

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2014 5:59 PM   in reply to Vartanyan

What CCU are you using in AE?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 6:04 PM   in reply to Vartanyan

Interesting.

Can you provide enough information for use to attempt to replicate it?

Like frame size, codec of the clip, frame rate, duration.... like that.

Then, exactly what effect are you applying and what are the parameters.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 10:41 PM   in reply to Vartanyan

Sorry... CCU means colour control unit... wrong choice/term... I meant "plugin" which you have answered as per Stevens request.

Is the issue visible before you render in prem? You my like to select a different render format and try that.

Let us know.

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2014 7:47 AM   in reply to Vartanyan

I pulled in a simple "Levels (Individual Controls)" effect

This is a weird one.  PP has that effect, so maybe skip the AE workflow and do the CC work right in PP.

Or better yet, use the new Direct Link feature and do the work in a proper color correcting program - SpeedGrade.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-at-ibc-2013/adobe-premiere-pro-cc-spee dgrade-cc-direct-link/

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2014 7:59 AM   in reply to Vartanyan

I tried, but I can't duplicate your problem.

First, there is no need to color correct in After Effects since the Premiere Pro tools like the 3 way color corrector should be sufficient. Or the Levels effect for that matter.

Second, if you just put that top clip on its own sequence, replace it with the After Effects comp, color correct it, then bring it back in to use that new sequence, nested in your 5 track sequence, does it have the same problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2014 8:31 AM   in reply to Vartanyan

1. Post a screenshot of what you see in PrPro Program Monitor.

2. Post a screenshot of your AE project settings. Are you working in linear space?

3. Post a screenshot of your dynamically linked composition display colour management settings (Menu -> View). Is it enabled or disabled?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points