Skip navigation
pnasty09
Currently Being Moderated

I downloaded the Valentines Day DVD menu theme in Adobe Premiere Elements 11, but won't work

Feb 14, 2014 5:55 PM

It's downloaded but it won't set everything up like the other DVD menu themes when you click on them. Why is this happening?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2014 6:53 PM   in reply to pnasty09

pnasty09

Could you be more specific?

a. Tools Menu/Movie Menu/Holidays and Events/Valentine

Can you select Valentine (which has been downloaded/blue ban at top right corner of thumbnail gone) and then click Continue to get the theme into the disc menu section of the program for customization?

b. If you get the menu in the disc menu section for customization, what specifically do you want to do next....are you trying to move around buttons? Replace video and/or audio background? Or something else?

c. Have you hit the Reset button and tried to apply the menu again? If so, same results which you will be describing for us?

More defining of "it won't set everything up like the other DVD menu themes when ..." will help us to help you.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 7:15 PM   in reply to pnasty09

pnasty09

Thanks for the reply. How many of the other themes have you tried so that you know it is just this one theme that has a problem?

Assuming that your Premiere Elements 11 is on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer, let us try deleting the Premiere Elements 11 settings file which is named Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs.

With Premiere Elements 11 closed,

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. In order to see the complete path cited above, be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 7:28 PM   in reply to pnasty09

pnasty09

That deletion of the Premiere Elements settings file often takes care of those unexpected strange problems. Recently I went to apply a disc menu, got that far, but when I went to Preview it, the main menu did not display. After that deletion of the Premiere Elements settings file, the problem was corrected. No guarantees in every case, but worth a try.

I always write "Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

Add On...As a last resort, right click the Premiere Elements 11 desktop icon, select and click on Run As Administrator. I am trying to avoid a program uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewalls off.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points