Skip navigation
rosemaggie
Currently Being Moderated

How do I get a book from Collections to an active book I can work on again?

Feb 14, 2014 2:50 PM

I purchased Lightroom 5 and am creating a photo book through Blurb.  I accidently erased 38 pages, so after I re-created them, I clicked on Create Saved Book, which put it in Collections.  Now I am trying to work on the book again, and can open it, but when I go to the Library of photos, Lightroom automatically repopulates a new book with all the photos in that file and won't let me put them in the book I saved.  How can I get this partially finished book so that I can use it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2014 6:40 PM   in reply to rosemaggie

Not sure where your problem is but try this: Under the collections folder in the library module you should see your book. This is not the collection itself but instead is next to a small book logo under the particular collection that contained your photos that you used in the book. If you don't see it hit the arrow to the left of the collection and you should see the book in a folder below that collection. If you double click on that it will open the book and there you will have an opportunity to edit, add pages, etc. If you just click on the collection itself and then go to the book module it will act as though you're creating an entirely new book from that collection, so you actually have to open the book itself.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2014 7:51 AM   in reply to rosemaggie

I'm not sure I'm following exactly what you're seeing but I'm questioning whether you actually saved the book when you thought you did. If so, it should appear under the collection of the photos you used and you would be able to open it. When you say you open your book, it sounds as though you are just going to the book module with the collection you have and the book is being repopulated with photos each time.If that is the case you would have to redo the book and save again. Sorry if I'm not following what you are seeing but if the book was saved it should open with a double click and be able to be edited at any time.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2014 10:01 AM   in reply to rosemaggie

I suppose auto layout could be involved. You can turn this off by clicking it. You do not have to click the clear layout button. Just click the auto layout off and try that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points