Skip navigation
answer please
Currently Being Moderated

wish i'd stayed with final cut

Feb 14, 2014 3:59 PM

at least i could get answers without having to spend hours shuffling through forums.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2014 5:19 PM   in reply to answer please

Hello answer please,

Do you have a question?

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 5:53 PM   in reply to answer please

You actually have to ask a question to get an answer. It is always a good idea to search first, but if the search is unsuccessful at getting you your answer, feel free to ask your question.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 6:10 PM   in reply to answer please

Well, one reason for this is that you know FCP very well...and you are new to Adobe. I'll wager that when you first started using FCP, you were as lost as you are with Adobe now.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 6:15 PM   in reply to answer please

at least i could get answers without having to spend hours shuffling through forums.

Post of the Year ...goes to answer please.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2014 8:10 PM   in reply to Shane_Ross

Well, one reason for this is that you know FCP very well...

All the more reason to stay with it, though it does appear that Apple has turned their collective backs on users, such as you.

Now, one answer would be for Adobe to throw away PrPro, then license the code from Apple, and create FCP8, which many previous users want. Oh wait, they have done almost that, just to get the FCP users to jump ship, regardless of what the loyal PrPro users were accustomed to.

Maybe all you have to do is wait a bit, and soon PrPro will actually become FCP8?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2014 7:56 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Maybe all you have to do is wait a bit, and soon PrPro will actually become FCP8?

Right?!  The new (and fairly useless) Clip Mixer and Rectified Audio are good examples of Adobe pandering to switchers in a way that adds no genuinely new capabilities or workflow enhancements.

What's worse is that these two new 'features' are the default, and long time PP users have to undo them manually.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2014 10:48 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Yes. I am sure that there ARE some good features (and maybe even workflows) in FCP, but much of what I am seeing IS "pandering," but that comes from a PrPro-user perspective.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2014 12:33 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Of course it does, we are PP users.  And now, so are they.  But that's my point.  They get used to our way.  (After all, they switched to our program presumably because they find it better.)

Adobe shouldn't be wasting time on fluff.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2014 2:09 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Important potential breakthrough.

Is this a start of Jim Simon accepting that Adobe do not give a damn about long standing users?

;-)

Col

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2014 2:18 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Oh wait, they have done almost that, just to get the FCP users to jump ship, regardless of what the loyal PrPro users were accustomed to.

Haven't they already? FCP alike feature creep, instead of stable, somewhat bug-free releases.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2014 3:00 PM   in reply to Biggles Lamb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers