Skip navigation
GAMEazan
Currently Being Moderated

I can only hear imported media from the first frame

Feb 14, 2014 5:43 PM

Tags: #problem #timeline #flash_cc #imported_audio

I imported an mp3 into Flash Professional CC (using action script 3.0), into the stage. I've left enough empty frames for the audio to run. When I play the timeline from the first frame, I can hear the audio fine, and it carries on until the frames run out. However, when I play the timeline from any other frame, the audio doesn't play. Help would be gladly appreciated, if you need more detail, don't hesitate to ask.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2014 9:50 AM   in reply to GAMEazan

When you click on the layer the audio exists in, in the contextual sound properties, have you set it to stream?

stream.png

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2014 10:37 AM   in reply to GAMEazan

You need to clear all of those keyframes. Extend a single frame without adding any keyframes or every time you create a new keyframe you're wiping out the audio.

So remove all frames except frame 1 where your audio should be. Click inside frame 1. Press F5 to insert frames and you will see the frame is extended without creating a new keyframe. You could also hold CTRL and hover your mouse over the right edge of a frame which will turn the mouse cursor into a left/right arrow, then left-click and drag the right edge of the frame out.

When the frame is stretched out with no extra keyframes you will see there is a waveform depicted:

waveform.png

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2014 6:53 AM   in reply to GAMEazan

If you set the setting to Stream as depicted in my first response the audio should start where you expect it. If it's set to "Event" (default) it will do what it's doing now, starting from the beginning no matter where your play head is. Did you set it to Stream?

edit:

I see you mentioned in a different thread you were encountering the old bug that requires you to start Flash as Administrator as one workaround for this audio issue. Nevermind

You're welcome and good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points