Hello. I am having issue with a simple project. It's a simple green chroma keying project which looks ok inside Premiere, but once exported it turns into a nightmare. I will post screens instead of writing the details. I am not using any external plugins. The output is rendered with tweaked settings for H.264 Vimeo 720p 29.97 fps MP4 format. Sorry for blurring, but I'm working with an NDA, but the problem is only in the shadows as far as I can tell.
This is how it looks inside premiere (both reference and program look the same)
This is how the matte looks:
And this is the final render (checked in Quick Time and VLC):
Never in my life of editing in Pr, FCPX or Smoke have I enountered this issue before. Any help/suggestions please?
That is certainly odd.
And it looks OK in the Program Monitor?
Your alpha channel looks great, although you didn't use the same exact frame, so the white showing through on his left side threw me for a moment until I looked at the position of his head and hands.
Just out of curiosity, if you used the alpha channel matte as a track matte over a copy of unkeyed video, does it work properly?
Yes, it looks normal in the Program Monitor. And yes it's a slightly different frame, I was very tired and couldn't get to the exact same frame in the video player to screenshot.
The green is also consistent with movement it only appears on the darkest areas of this guy's shirt. So it will also appear on his hands' shadow while moving them around, but only on his body.
I'm sorry, but I do not know how to make a track matte in Premiere Pro. Isn't that only available in AE?
Good news, I fixed it.
It was the effects order that triggered this by having Shadow/Highlight BEFORE Three-Way Color Correct
I just changed the effect order between those two and the problem is gone.
This is very dissapointing Adobe. Alongside with numeroud random crashes on OSX, now I'm confronted with this stupid bug. I'd really hesitate taking this NLE into professional client work space...
Yeah, I will probably get accustomed to this. I worked in broadcasting enviroment a lot of years and I have the "What you see is what you get" mentality deeply rooted in my brain.
I mean isn't that why the reference and program monitors are made for? What if I had to render a 3 hour project and while everything was looking fine in the editor, the output would come out looking like crap? Those extra hours spent to isolate certain problems that can only be seen on final render translate in unprofessionalism, missed deadlines and extra hours worked.
All I'm saying is that me as an editor, I don't have to know the underlyings of the editing software in order to troubleshoot all the errors and glitches that the programmers left there.
Thanks for the comments though
Maybe its wise to file a bugreport anyway.
I think we all will agree, if it looks good in the Program Monitor and not in the export, then it is a bug. Regardless of the order of the effects. Obviously the order that the effects are processed should and does make a difference. But it should not show up only upon export. The preview files created by rendering should make it visible to you.
Well, I can see some overbrights, but none underdarks.
Another things to check are if media players' built-in colour management is disabled and whether your 'corrupted' exporting looks correct if you reimport it into PrPro.
Oh I forgot to add that upon closer inspection, there was no chroma bleed. The green bleeds occured on areas where there was no chroma key so there were no bleeds at all. Rather the software simply went crazy and rendered those green areas on an area unrelated to anything in the footage (the characted was shot over the background so no bleed could be possible, it was perfectly opaque).
Piece of **** software!