I feel I am an experienced Dreamweaver user but am baffled when I can't apply a template change to its associated targets. I can update a target page manually (one at a time) but they won't update as a group. Of note, I made a change to the template in question when I modified a non-editable region to remove some content. I created a new page with the template and it is the only one of the 20 or so other files that belong to this template that actually updates. I have tried clearing the cache. Here's the full text of the diagnostics.
I have an update to my problem. I changed the location of my site source data from a local drive to a network share and now it works as expected. The data is exactly the same but in a different location. Go figure. I'm still not satisfied that this is the solution because I need to carry the site with me on my laptop when I'm away from the network and I want it to work as advertised. Another weird thing is that Library items update perfectly across the site unlike Templates which don't.
Just for my curiousity, I created the same environment on another identical Windows 7 PC and the problem did NOT occur. I'm guessing it's some subtle setting within Windows that's confusing the situation. Since it's a new PC I may rebuild it to see if that fixes it.