Skip navigation
kris@INGstudio
Currently Being Moderated

Link/restrict Style Group to layer

Feb 17, 2014 3:20 AM

Hi there,

for a multi language magazine I want to use layers for the text in the different languages. To control hyphenation I use a style group per language.

Is ity possible to link/restrict a Style Group to a specific layer. (French styles on French layer, Dutch styles on Dutch layer)

Or is this not the appropriate way and do you know of another method?

Kind regards

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2014 5:51 AM   in reply to kris@INGstudio

There is no way you can do this.

What you may try though is that you can maybe create groups in the styles panel with names like French, Dutch etc so that it is easier for you to use them on the layer you are working on.

Regards

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2014 10:14 PM   in reply to kris@INGstudio

You can try the option Preferences Dialog > Composition > Text Wrap > Text Wrap only affects text beneath.

ALternately you can try text frame options > Ignore text wrap (in the general tab)

I believe you may be able to get the effect you are trying using these properties.

Regards

-Javed

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2014 2:59 AM   in reply to Mohammad Javed Ali

I would not recommend to apply text wrap to text only beneath. This is the way how Quark solved this problem, but in InDesign it happens that text beneath might be effected by transparency (alpha, effects or similar) and will be rasterized or outlined. To avoid this I would recommend not to use this functionality and put text in layers above the images.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points