Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Robohelp 11 Crashing problem with Office 2007.

Feb 17, 2014 7:01 AM

Tags: #windows_7 #office_2007 #robohelp_11

Since installing Robohelp 11 all of my office 2007 programs have been crashing.  Outlook has crashed inserting an attachment and when opening a new email. Excel has crashed when opening a document using the open command on the menu and also while saving. Word and Publisher have also crashed at various points. Anyone else experiencing this problem or have a solution. I have Windows 7 Pro installed and Office 2007. I have confirmed that it is Robohelp 11 - all updates have been applied to windows and I backed out newly installed software until the problem stopped - problem stopped as soon as Robohelp 11 was uninstalled. I have also recreated the computer Profile, uninstalled Office 2007 and reinstalled.

Any Ideas?

Carole

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2014 1:17 AM   in reply to cseng

No one else has reported this and I have never known it to happen with any combination of Office and RoboHelp. Hopefully now reinstalling Rh will go smoothly. Let us know.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2014 1:59 AM   in reply to Peter Grainge

Just a thought. You were running the installer files from the local drive, not off the network?

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2014 6:24 AM   in reply to cseng

I think it has everything to do with. I once tried to do something similar when I was in the presence of one of Adobe's senior engineers. Let's just say he did not recommend it.

Having projects there later is fine. Just not for installation. I always run the installer from the C partition.

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points