Skip navigation
scanlonb27
Currently Being Moderated

I get a program error when I try to open a raw file from my iPhoto library. how can I fix this?

Feb 17, 2014 5:12 PM

Tags: #photoshop_elements_9

I have updated all the software and still cannot fix it.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2014 6:50 PM   in reply to scanlonb27

What is your PSE version and have you checked whether your camera is supported by the version of PSE you are using?

Please post back because there is a solution to convert your camera raw files to load in your PSE.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2014 9:15 PM   in reply to scanlonb27

Also, how are you doing this? You can't use File>Open in the PSE editor to get at the contents of the iphoto library. Adobe did that deliberately so that PSE won't indavertently write data into that library, which is the fastest known way to corrupt it and lose all your photos. If you want to edit raw files in PSE, either set PSE as your external editor and send the photos from iphoto (but you'll still have to import the saved converted image as a new file), or just export the raw file from iphoto, edit it and save your changes, then import the new file to iphoto.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2014 7:07 PM   in reply to scanlonb27

If the photo is only in the iphoto library, you should be using PSE as an external editor for iphoto or else exporting the photos from iphoto before editing and then re-importing the edited photo. I have to assume that your photos are not in the iphoto library (or else you're one of the very, very few iphoto users who created a referenced library) or you wouldn't have been able to get into them from File>Open.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points