Skip navigation
framed44
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge is telling me my start up disc is full

Feb 17, 2014 6:41 PM

I am working with Bridge to edit large numbers of images in raw format and everything has slowed and it is struggling to do any commands at all. The images are loaded on an external hard drive . It keeps telling me my start up disc is nearly full . Can some one help me to correct this

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2014 7:29 PM   in reply to framed44

What is exact message?  As there is no startup disk.

Perhaps cache full?  Check free space on hd.  Should have 15-20% free.  For a 700g drive that is 100-140 g free,

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,969 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Feb 17, 2014 8:14 PM   in reply to framed44

Most likely you boot disk is full. Many programs write their cask and temp files onto you boot disk. You need to clean out the junk and make room on that disk. You may have to move things off that disk.  If you use windows and have a lot of ram and do not use hibernate use the power configuration utility to turn of hibernation. That will delete the hibernation file on you boot disk. That file alone is equal in size to your system RAM size. Your start up disk is your boot disk on windows. Even when you install aplication on other disk the boot dis is the default location for many things. Like browsers cache,  user file, program preferences etc.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,969 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Feb 18, 2014 4:27 AM   in reply to framed44

I use Windows.  With the Windows version of the Bridge. Users have the option to use  a central Bridge Cache that Bridge manages or to use a distributed cache where the Bridge distributes its cache into the folders you images reside in and write cache file in them.  By any chance is a image disk or camera card your using the bridge on full. If so the Bridge may be running out of room for its cache files.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points