Skip navigation
suppersppy
Currently Being Moderated

Indesign Missing from Bridge CS6 Tools Menu

Feb 20, 2014 2:28 AM

Tags: #bridge

I'm using CS6 and indesign is missing from my tools menu. I checked startup scripts in preferences and it is checked. I tried unchecking it and restarting it then rechecking it and I also tried resetting my preferences when starting bridge. Running OSX 10.8.5 and Bridge 5.0.0.39

P.S. I feel like this should be an easy fix and an easy thing to search for but I've searched extensively and the only thing I've found is the question asked occasionally. I've not found anything for CS6 and I've not found a solution.

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Feb 20, 2014 4:14 AM   in reply to suppersppy

ID has never been part of the Tools menu to my knowledge but you can place files using the menu File / Place / inDesign.

A better way would be to create a collection in Bridge from the files you want or might want to use in your ID project. Then in ID use the Mini Bridge Panel and select the collection you created for this project. Now you can drag and drop form Mini Bridge thumbnail panel.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Feb 20, 2014 2:05 PM   in reply to suppersppy

And to be clear you do have the according CS6 ID and AE versions installed at your system and also have applied the latest updates?

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Feb 22, 2014 2:34 AM   in reply to suppersppy

Hello, according to http://indesignsecrets.com/missing-the-indesign-contact-sheet-bridge-t o-the-rescue.php , the bridge contact sheets function in the tools menu has been removed circa CS4, and is replaced by the output module.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Feb 22, 2014 2:36 AM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

And in Bridge CC, the output module is a separate download.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points