Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to re-save a PDF file in FrameMaker 10

Feb 20, 2014 7:05 AM

Tags: #error #acrobat #message

After creating and saving a PDF file, I am unable to resave the file with that name after making changes to it.

The Adobe Acrobat message I get is:

Capture PDF Save Message.JPG

This error does not occur when I try to make comments and resave a  .PDF created with Microsoft Word.

I have a workaround which is to save the file using a different name, delete the original file, and rename the new file with the original  name. I would prefer not to have to do this with each saved change.

Thank you for any help or suggestions you can offer.

nankinnankin

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 20, 2014 7:26 AM   in reply to nankinnankin

Not sure how this is a FM problem – you’ve created the PDF out of FM, then edited it in Acrobat, then you want to save it again? I think the issue is in Acrobat, not FM…

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2014 10:38 AM   in reply to nankinnankin

Actually, I had similar issue, but it was FM.  Occasionally, when I did a Save as PDF or Save as with HTML, FM went on for a few moment then stoped saving with an error message along the line: Cannot create <some file name>...  It kept doing the same thing for several tries until I deleted the previously generated files, then all would be well for a while, until the next time...  I don't know it had anything to do with the generated files (PDF or HTML) being opened on a web-browser at the moment.  Yet, as I remembered prior to that and verified afterward, in those times that went without such error, those files were being opened as well.  Thanks!

PS: I'm using FrameMaker 11

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2014 12:44 PM   in reply to nankinnankin

Thank you, nankinnankin!  I'll check out that possibility.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points