Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

elements 10. video starts in sync but gradually gets out of sync?

Feb 20, 2014 2:16 PM

i've tried a couple projects and this has been an issue each time. what could be the issue?  it's the video that gets out of sync with the audio. recording a live band performance...audio recorded separately as .wav and 2 or 3 cameras but they wont stay synced

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 20, 2014 2:33 PM   in reply to sadworld4804

You're saying that the 3 videos of camcorder footage stay in sync with each other, right? It's only the audio that gets out of sync?

If so, you can use Time Stretch to tweak your audio's length. Just set it to how long you want it to be and the program will speed it up a bit or slow it down a bit to fit that speed.

Assuming they're not terribly out of sync, it shouldn't noticeably effect the sound.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2014 4:31 PM   in reply to sadworld4804

sadoworld4804

Glad that you posted a continuation of what you started in the thread that I lost track of.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1402388?tstart=30

I have found that other thread and just posted a reply in it (post numbered 17) with more questions and suggestions.

Sorry for catching up with you only now.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2014 6:37 PM   in reply to sadworld4804

One would think that in the days of digital video recording devices, and digital audio recording devices, OOS (Out Of Sync) would be a thing of the past. Unfortunately, it is not. It should be easy for mfgrs. to use a digital "clock," that was accurate, despite the device.

The devices are often "off," and one way to address that OOS issue is to determine by what %.

For instance, one PrPro user, who also had several Zoom audio-recorders, found that his Zooms were off by 0.4%. That was common vs his Pany cameras. The "fix" was to adjust the Audio by that 0.4% for all material recorded on them. He used Time Remapping, with Maintain Pitch, and everything was then in sync.

In the old days of film, we connected our Nagra recorder via a cable, to the Arriflex camera. We set one, or the other, as the Master, and the other as the Slave. The crystal clock in one, controlled the speed of the other. Usually, the Arri was the Master, with the Nagra as the Slave. Of course, back then, we had to have a sync cable between the two devices.

Good luck, and experiment to determine the amount of OOS. That *should* be a constant amount, and make note of it, as it should then work for all such footage.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2014 6:47 PM   in reply to sadworld4804

sadworld4804

Just in case one of your threads gets closed for duplication reasons, I am doing a copy/paste of my latest post in your other thread dealing with this audio out of sync issue.

sadworld4804

Sorry for the delayed response. I lost track of your thread.

From what you wrote, you have a Premiere Elements 10 Windows project whose project settings are

NTSC DV Standard and, on that Timeline, you have video from 3 different camera, apparently two are 720 x 480 mpg files @ 29.97 frames per second and one is 1920 x 1080 mts.

You appear to be creating audio to put under this video and however you place it under the video, the video and audio gets out of sync somewhere along the line.

1. Have we decided that grouping the video and audio did not help?

2. Have we determined where the out of sync audio is occurring, under the 720 x 480 4:3 footage or under the 1920 x 1080 footage or both?

3. Have you expanded the Timeline to the max to determine the best alignment of the video and audio before you group?

4. Under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the Display Format, are you using Audio Samples or Milliseconds?

According to Adobe documentation

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS04855172-E9FD-41b 3-9145-FD434A543442.html

Display Format (audio)
    Specifies whether audio time display is measured by using audio samples or milliseconds. By default, time is displayed in audio samples. However, you can display time in milliseconds for sample‑level precision when you are editing audio.

Please review.

Thank you.

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2014 6:51 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

I was out for most of the day, and did not realize that we had duplicate posts on the same issue, and both have several replies.

This adds to much confusion, and not sure how it should be handled?

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2014 7:02 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

Not sure either.

I will follow sadworld4804 wherever the ID and this issue are in an opened thread.

Lots of ground work and details for the present were established in the other thread.

And, I am determined to have the ID succeed wherever information is exchanged to get sadworld4804's audio out of sync

issue resolved.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points