Skip navigation
Deniselinda
Currently Being Moderated

I can't see the pictures taken in Raw on elements 11

Feb 20, 2014 5:42 PM

I have taken pictures before in RAW, but all of the sudden the program is unable to open such pictures, how can I fix this ?

I have added light room 5 but I want to take advantage of the layer sistem on elements.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 20, 2014 7:06 PM   in reply to Deniselinda

Do you get any error message when you try to open your photos in editor?

The usual method to open the pictures is to launch the editor and then go to:

File >> open

In the normal circumstances this should open the picture and if it fails, you should get some error messages and this is what you should tell us about.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2014 4:44 AM   in reply to Deniselinda

First run Help> Updates to make sure you have the most current versions of Camera RAW for PSE11 and LR5.

Have you changed your camera? If so check here to see what version of camera RAW is needed - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cam eras.html.

If it is later than v7.4 you'll have to upgrade to PSE12, or use the free Adobe DNG Converter to convert to DNG (usable by PSE11), or use the software that came with the camera to convert to TIF or PSD. I don't use Lightroom but it may have inbuilt capability to export as DNG, TIF, PSD.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points