Skip navigation
golfballflexrack
Currently Being Moderated

Need help deciding what version to purchase to crop pictures

Feb 20, 2014 6:42 PM

Tags: #help #editing #movie #cropping_photo #version--which

Im looking to crop some pictures and make the background transparent. This is one of my pictures below. The problem Im coming across is with it being see through, I cant seem to just pick and grab the blue rods, golf balls and clips they are sitting on. It seems to want to pick up everything including the gray background. I heard photoshop would make this possible. is this true? Also, what program would be the best for me? I want to spend the littlest i can. I am looking at the adobe photoshop elements and premier movie element 10. Would this work? if someone could please get back to me with any suggestions that would be great. Also, if someone knows of a good video descibing how to crop and make the background stransparent, I would love to learn. Thanks

blue rack.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2014 5:39 AM   in reply to golfballflexrack

Well PSE10  can do it, but while you can get rid of 90% of the background in a few moments the last 10% is going to be a labour of love at high magnification and small brush size! There is too much similarity in tone between foreground and background for working with any selection tool at anything other than a low tolerance value. I'd go for a layer mask and paint out the unwanted areas on the mask.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points