Skip navigation
idopodcast
Currently Being Moderated

How to Record an Interview call through Skype in Audition CC

Feb 20, 2014 6:30 PM

Tags: #audition #call #recording_mode #interviews

Hi,

I would like to record a Skype Interview call using Adobe Audition CC.

I have seen posts about this topic, however, no one gives a step by step process to set it up if you are an absolute newbie to Audition.

I am able to get Track 1 to reconize my voice, but I can't figure out how to get Track 2 to pick up the other person's voice I am interviewing through the Skype call. I am using Skype's call recording as a back up, however, I hear the call quality is better if it goes straight into Adutiton.

Do I need a mixer for this to be possible?

I am sure it has something to do with the input and output, but just ahve no idea where to start.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited!

Thank you!!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2014 3:45 AM   in reply to idopodcast

Yes an external mixer is the best way. See this thread from last week. There is a link to a .pdf describing how to do it.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1403195?tstart=30

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2014 8:25 AM   in reply to idopodcast

idopodcast wrote:

Thank you!

Now you said it's best, however, if you don't have a mixer is it still possible?

It might be, but if you think that setting it up with a mixer might be difficult, I can assure you that without one it's going to be a whole load harder, especially if you have to use an internal sound device. And no I haven't tried - nor am I likely to.

Also, the PDF is great. If I get a mixer, Are there directions for after you set that up and you need help setting up the interface?

No, because I haven't rewritten it yet! (as mentioned on the other thread).

If you are serious about doing this, a small mixer is a very good idea anyway, and they really don't cost that much nowadays. I haven't tried it, but I think that it should be relatively easy to set this up with one of the mixers that also contains an audio interface (so you just have to connect it via a USB cable). I will look into that. The version in the .pdf works with any mixer, although it needs unimpeded line in/line connections on your computer. Most of them can just about manage this, but some manufacturers still make this difficult.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points