• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back and Next buttons in individual topics

Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using FM11-RH10, as part of TCS 4.0.

I have imported a FrameMaker book into RH. I am using a master page for the footer content. I am publishing to WebHelp output.

We have the browse sequence buttons on the navigation pane above the TOC, but we want to provide additional navigation option in case the user prefers to close the TOC pane. So, we want to add two buttons (Back and Next) at the end of each topic, so that the user can easily navigate to the previous and next topics of a lesson/ book. Preferably, we want this to be a part of master page, which other team members can use without any customization. The buttons should identify the topics from the RH TOC.

Is this possible in RH? If not, what is the closest possible solution? Please advise.

- Anusha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anusha

Unless one of my colleagues comes up with some really super nifty trick here, there is nothing I'm aware of you can do in Frame to facilitate this. It will all have to happen in RoboHelp.

It's possible, but just a fuzz complicated. The simplest way to achieve it is by generating WebHelp output twice. Once with your desired skin and once with a "traditional - no skin" output. In the traditional-no skin output you have options for placing Browse Sequence buttons in the topics themselves. You also have options about where they appear. (Top left, Top right, Bottom left, Bottom right).

So you generate twice, then take the topic content from the traditional-no skin output and copy them over to the skinned output and replace those that are there. At this point you should then have something pretty close to what you say you want.

Hope this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Rick's method works, it is a bit cumbersome. You can also utilize

RoboHelp master pages for this. See

http://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2012/07/27/browse-sequences-webhelp-topics

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Rick and Willam. Will try the ideas suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp