Skip navigation
Sara Houmann Mortensen
Currently Being Moderated

Creating anchored objects underneath a textframe?

Feb 21, 2014 4:09 AM

Tags: #anchored_object

Hi,

I'd like to make a box underneath a textframe and anchor it so that it will move along with a special section of the text. When I anchor the box it is automaticly placed on top of the text wich is not my intension. Also if I place the box in the back befor anchoring. Can you help me:)?

Best,

Sara

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2014 4:20 AM   in reply to Sara Houmann Mortensen

On the anchor object options, for position select: inline or above line then play with space before and space after settings.

anchor object option.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2014 6:54 AM   in reply to Sara Houmann Mortensen

I think we need some clarification of what yolu mean by "underneath." If you mean it should appear further down in the text flow, that's doable. If you mean behind the text you can only accomplish that with an inline/above line frame (for inline you can just drag downwards) and careful sizing and positioning, so it may not be achievable in all cases. Custom position anchored objects are always above the text that holds the anchor in the stacking order.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2014 11:08 PM   in reply to Sara Houmann Mortensen

Hi,

In some contexts (eg., black text on white background), you can easily use anchored objects with "Incrustation" effect (in French). 

Capture d’écran 2014-02-22 à 05.57.14.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points