• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integrating webhelp generated content with Adobe CQ5

Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can we integrate Adobe Robohelp generated web help content with Adobe CQ5 (Adobe Experience Manager)?

If Yes, How?

I have to migrate existing Online Help (webhelp content generated from RH8) on to our newly implemented CMS Adobe CQ5 ? Can any one help me, with the procedure ?

Thanks Alot,

Ravi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally have never used Adobe's Experience Manager and I doubt a lot of folk here will have either. Having said that, maybe we can try and understand what it is you are trying to migrate or if you are trying to migrate at all. The two applications are very different. RoboHelp is the source used to create the content. Adobe's Experience Manager handles the content. Can you help us by providing some further context?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe TCS website says:

"Out-of-the-box integration with Adobe Experience Manager: Manage content effectively using new native integration between FrameMaker 12 and Adobe Experience Manager, formerly known as Adobe CQ. Check out, check in, upload, copy, move, and create files. Get digital asset management metadata support, see version history, show dependents, and more. Customize Adobe Experience Manager by changing preferences."

This sounds like you can get FM content directly into Adobe Experience Manager. This raises the question whether you are asking if the same could be done from RoboHelp. If so, the answer appears to be "No". However that is not to say it is impossible, just that the same level of out of the box integration is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alot for your reply.

Yes, we can get FM content directly into AEM and the same level of out of the box integration is not there in RoboHelp. Any other way to get RH content directly into AEM ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can I say that I am not an expert in AEM. I have compiled a list of the outputs that RH can produce at:

http://www.cmcandrew.com/robocolumn/what-is-the-most-appropriate-output-format/

All I can add is that you find out what types of output are allowed by AEM. If they allow the outputs from RH in my list, you should be OK. However the level of integration offered by FrameMaker is not available with RoboHelp. That means you have two options.

1. If you find that AEM allows RH output, manually add the RH output content to AEM.
  2. Move your RH content to FM and use the out of the box integration.

You may also want to throw your hat into the ring by requesting that RH offers the same level of integration as FM. You can do that here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp