Skip navigation
simon_js
Currently Being Moderated

Table of Contents NOT Visable when Generated with the Following Formats: eBook/HTML/Web Help/MS Prim

Feb 25, 2014 12:47 PM

Tags: #toc #robohelp #ebook #html5 #problems #webhelp #generating_a_project

Hello,

 

I have tried generating my RoboHelp content into eBook, HTML5, Web Help, and MS Primary Layout and ALL of these generate with an empty TOC, etc. 

The only version that generates properly is the Printed Documentation.

 

I am using:

  • Robohelp 11
  • Tried opening in IE, Firefox and Google Crome

 

Please help.

 
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2014 3:55 PM   in reply to simon_js

    Hi there

     

    Can you post a few screen captures?

     

    * A capture of the Table of Contents in the POD

    * A capture of the WebHelp Single Source Layout settings with the Content Categories expanded and the Default category settings in view

     

    Thanks... Rick

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2014 4:52 AM   in reply to simon_js

    This could depend on the version of RH you are using. There is a fix for users of RH10 and RH11 available at http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/webhelp-issues-robohelp-versions-10 .html

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2014 7:01 AM   in reply to simon_js

    Try clearing the browser cache as well. That fix should fix the blank TOC issue.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2014 7:22 AM   in reply to simon_js

    As an aside I notice you are using Content Categories and your examples focus on just one of them. Does the same happen with the other categories. Also can you confirm that Chrome works OK?

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2014 7:40 AM   in reply to simon_js

    Can you try creating the output with no content categories. I know this is not what you want, but I'm just trying to narrow down where the problem could be.

     

    BTW I can not take any credit for being Rick. His boots are too big to fill

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2014 7:55 AM   in reply to simon_js

    Your example rules out where I was going as it only has the one content category. Can you create a new TOC file, add a few topics to it and add that TOC to your single source layout. If that works, you'll have to rebuild your TOC.

     

    BTW my name is Colum and I blog about RoboHelp (amongst other things) - hence the RoboColum(n) handle!

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2014 9:26 AM   in reply to RoboColum(n)

    Hello again

     

    One screen shot you haven't yet supplied that I asked for was the TOC pod in the project. I'm not talking about the output. I'm referring to the TOC Pod where you manipulate the TOC entries in the RoboHelp application.

     

    Cheers... Rick

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 28, 2014 12:44 PM   in reply to simon_js

    LOL, wrong pod! And maybe that's the issue here. You may be mistaking what you see in the Project Manager pod for the Table of Contents pod.

     

    Try again after clicking View > Pods > Table of Contents.

     

    Then again, maybe after locating that pod the issue will be resolved as you may find it is empty and you simply need to add content.

     

    Cheers... Rick

     
    |
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points