Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Where are the movie export settings in cc ?

Feb 25, 2014 2:50 PM

Tags: #video #export #movie

HI,

CS5 and CS6 had File>export Movie and avi or mov and upon choosing e.g. mov  one had control over compression, width and height, PAL NTSC codecs H264 or animate and so on.

I see none of this in the cc trial.

An .fla that CS5 made an mov of was 147Mb, exact same fla in cc and we get....2.7Gigabytes    strewth !!!!!!  ...just crazy  An animation that runs for 12 secs is now useless under CC.

This 2.7Gb file runs slowly with objects hardly moving, and then crashes PC.

Just where are the settings as Adobe tech wont assist despite asking me to test CC to see if this resolves the png over png jerky movie export issues of CS5 and 6

File>export Movie doesnt even feature the avi and moc options, just jpg png and tiff, I never knew these were movies !

Then above this is Export Video, and in there just one choice     mov.

Why the confusing options, are not mov movies ?

I simply wish to export my fla in the same way as in CS5 and CS6 and create an mov but where png moving over png doesnt have stutters. Hoping CC has fixed this fundamental flaw in Flash.

Envirographics

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2014 9:15 AM   in reply to Envirographics

You want video, so choose the Export Video option. As long as you have Quicktime installed, as you see it will export a MOV in full quality. You can't compress from this location, it already exports using Quicktime Animation Millions+ (lossless), which is why your file size is so large.

This is desirable.

I made a quick 60fps example of a ball animating linear around a square over 120 frames:

standardccdoc.PNG

I used the Export Video to create the initial Animation Millions+ lossless output. Here Quicktime dutifully shows you the codec:

standardcodec.png

I'm fine with that so I export:

standardexportvideoame.PNG

I checked to convert the video in Adobe Media Encoder just to illustrate that this is Adobe's next recommended step in most production cases. This is where you can compress your lossless file to any format if you want to reduce the size.

I myself use Sorenson Squeeze. The original file is over 7MB for the 120 frames @ 60FPS. I compressed it to MP4 H.264 for a file size of (hehe) around 170K:

http://www.ertp.com/tmp/ballexample.mp4

No smoothness issues at all there.

To answer you however, yes, Flash compressing the video right out of the export panel is missing. It just exports lossless at stage size. You're honestly better off doing that, then taking your animation to a great compression app for the best quality. Flash never would have exported this video as clean to 170KB, never.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points