• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Heading colours in Word output spill onto previous page?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

The company I work for have a specific word document format that I must use when producing documentation, this consists of several heading styles that require fill colours behind white text.

The problem I have is when I generate my printed output to Word, the coloured heading on page two for example leaks over to the end of the paragraph on page one.

I have ‘start new topic on each page’ selected but I can’t find anything else to clear the problem. Is there something obvious that I am missing? Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen that as a general problem in Word when used without any other program such as Rh.

Have you ensured it does not happen when using the company template alone?

It happens when the background colour is set for the paragraph and goes the full width of the page. If it is set to just the text, it will be OK but that might not be acceptable.

It is tricky so come back if you cannot resolve.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved to RoboHelp Printed Documentation forum. RoboHelp for Word was a separate program that allowed authoring directly in Word.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Could this be because when you enter a page break the last style used is used in the first line of the following page. I guess when you generate the Word document it automatically puts in a page break for each Heading 1 / Topic so this could be manually changed in the Word document?

Hope it helps.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp