• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will the CS3 activation servers be shut down?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there plans to deactivate CS3 Activation server. If so when ?

If not now then how much advance notifation should I expect? Last one CS2 caght me by surprise

thanks for any help Jeff

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last one CS2 caght me by surprise

Caught everyone by surprise I think.

The CS2 shutdown was so unexpected that everyone thought the software was being given away for free until Adobe was forced to clarify things for us.

I would expect future events to be exactly the same as the CS2 shutdown. Unannounced until the day it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frank I am not aware of any plans to shut down the Activation servers for Creative Suite 3 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Jeff

Are you in a position to know? Did they tell you in advance when this this was going to happen with CS2 or did they just do it with no notice and then have you handle damage control.

If no plans now then how much advance notifation should I expect if they do make plans to do it and where should I look for such a notice?

Seeing the bad impact this had when they did this with CS2 I would hope for some advance notice on CS3. The CS2 surprise thing cost me 5000K in devalued product I had in stock.

And now I have some CS3 products in stock that would experence a similar devalueation if the server got killed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching this to a separate discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing the branch. got a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was expecting to see Jeffs answer here. I thought he made the branch to answer my

Feb 27, 2014 7:52 AM question. Maybe he's looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ddaydreams I branched out the discussion as it was not directly related to the CS2 activation server shut down topic.

Please be aware there are several differences between the activation technology/situation which occured with Creative Suite 2 and the activation technology being used with Creative Suite 3 and later.

As previously indicated there are no current plans to shut down the activation server for Creative Suite 3 or later.  I am not sure how much more detail I can go into for something which is not planned to occur in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in a position to know? Did they tell you in advance when this this was going to happen with CS2 or did they just do it with no notice and then have you handle damage control?

Who Knew in advance last time?, that might tell me where to look if there is a next time.

I wanted to know If I should monitor here or elseware should such a plan emerge again with CS3

Thanks For Any Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ddaydreams yes I work for Adobe directly and I am aware of upcoming changes.

I would recommend continuing to review the Download, Installation, Setting Up forums at http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup.  These forums are updated regularly regarding emerging issues which are installation, activation, or download related.  The notifications maybe made with new FAQ topics being developed, and featured, or notifications being made available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! thanks much . I'll bookmark that. And on a side note. I'm really glad Adobe made a way to keep using Photoshop CS2 because I have old plugins/ filters that will not work on my newer CS6. So I run both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback Ddaydreams!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines