Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro - silent install not completely silent

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to create an installer for Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro. I have used the customization wizard to create a transform file for the install and specified it to be silent. However, it appears that windows are still opening in the background when the installer runs, which causes our automated installer service to close out of the install thinking the installer is "broken."

Is there an easy way to make the installer completely, 100% silent?

The command is currently:

if exist [file generated to determine if a prior uninstall was sucessful] (msiexec /i "[PATH]Adobe Acrobat Pro\Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro\AcroPro.msi" /qn CLIENTUILEVEL=0 TRANSFORMS=[PATH]\Adobe Acrobat Pro\Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro\AcroPro.mst" /l*v "[PATH]\adobe.log")

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew

EDIT: The windows opening look like they are deleting some dll files. If anyone knows a workaround, that's be great.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Answered this in your other post.  Please only post once per issue. Here is the response I put in that thread:

"If you are installing on a machine that Acrobat 10 previously  then this is likely deleting the old Adobe PDF Printer files if anything instead of the Setup files.  I don't believe there is a way to change this behavior."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines