• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

old Cs5 new box installation create errors - when the serial number is OK - valid registration arrh

Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error "This serial number is not for a qualifying product..." when installing an upgrade or upsell

Adobe upgrades and upsells require a qualifying previous product. If the upgrade or upsell installer can't find a previous product on your computer, it asks you to enter the serial number of a qualifying product.

Try the solutions in this document if you receive the error “This serial number is not for a qualifying product. Please try another” when you enter a serial number in the Serial Number Upgrade screen.

Can't find your serial number? See Find a serial number.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And exaxctly? If you have serial number issues, contact support by web chat.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issues and Support pointed us to the Forum saying they cant help as it is an old product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sanjeevmishra you need to locate a qualifying serial number in order to install an upgrade version of the software.  You can find your registered serial numbers by following the steps listed in Find your serial number quickly - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I do have the Serial Number, just dont know where to enter it. Previously when installing the installer used to ask for both, CS4 and CS5 serial number, this time around it did not. Do you know how can i enter the serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sanjeevmishra did you migrate/copy your installation to a new computer?  Or is there a specific reason you are reinstalling Creative Suite 5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff, my hard drive died on me and I replaced the old one with a new SSD. That is why i am reinstalling the software. Thanks for trying to help.

Sanjeev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines