Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation of all my Adobe software doesn't work anymore also Adobe Captivate

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm a teacher at the Hague University in the Netherlands and I also bought the Adobe CS6 Master Collection, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Captivate 6 and it worked nice when I installed it in December 2012. But this morning all my Adobe software doesn't function anymore, I get the message that it is a trial version and it will only work for 30 days. This whole morning I am busy to get the software back to work, but also when I reinstall it and type the proper activation keys which also can be found in my Adobe-account, it says that the serials are invalid. Could I please get some support to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance,

B. Kranenburg

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mr. Kranenburg,

As a teacher at a high school I experience the same problem. The problem is caused by a new licencing policy Adobe forced into place with CS6 products. The licenses you have are only valid for one year. Moreover they are actually valid for less than one year, since projects in Captivate created in the trial version mode you describe will have an expiration date. This will, in the very near future, result in non functioning projects/packages. The only way to overcome this problem is to renew your license, and republish the projects in the newly licensed product.

I can understand that Adobe wants to get more revenue out of their products. I however do not understand that a license, said to be valid for one year, will not provide a workable solution throughout this full year. A very strange policy indeed!

J. Bijvoet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm pretty sure E-coach is not right in their explanation. Either their school has a yearly licensing agreement with adobe or they are refering to the creative cloud version.

Given that you have CS6 master collection and presumably Captivate 6 or 7, you have perpetual licenses assuming that you are not licening the software through an organization such as your university.

There have been bugs with licensing and activation of software - Acrobat stands out in my mind - and the solution was basically to call adobe's customer or tech support to have them resolve it for you.

You could try going to the help menu in one program from each serial number you have and sign out then reinstall and see if you have any more success with activating your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources