• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Determine version of air runtime from web page?

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We've noticed that the certain versions of air are not automatically updated when our application is installed.  An "installer is damaged" message is displayed for a few versions of air (e.g. 2.0.4 and 2.5):

AIR 1.5: app install dialog with option to download AIR 3.6 is shown. INSTALL OK

AIR 2.04.: app install dialog with option to download AIR 3.6 IS NOT shown. INSTALL FAILS

AIR 2.5.: app install dialog with option to download AIR 3.6 IS NOT shown. INSTALL FAILS

AIR 2.6: app install dialog with option to download AIR 3.6 is shown. INSTALL OK

AIR 2.7: app install dialog with option to download AIR 3.6 is shown. APP INSTALL OK

In these cases we've asked customers to manually upgrade air and then install our application. This works OK, but what I'd like to do is check the version of the air runtime installed on the customer's machine when they download our install file from a web site.

I looked into air.swf and I'm able to determine if air is installed. What I'd really like to do is check for certain versions and ask the user to manually update air.

Is it possible to check the version of air installed from air.swf or another mechanism on a web page?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines