• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to scan a device/network for the key that's in use? (even if a partial)

Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a way of keeping our installs of acrobat to the same number of actual purchases made, but what we don't have is a good way of making sure that the actual key that was acquired with a PO was actually used on the associated device. Most of this comes from poor management of licenses and lazy technicians that used any key they could find to install the software. So, our reseller provides us a list of all keys that we've purchased as well as the number of volume licenses and such. I would like to know if there is a way I can scan the acrobat-installed devices and compare keys against the list of keys I have been provided. I have about ~100 devices with varying versions ranging from 6 to 11. I'm shooting for having a list of hostnames with their purchased license key and a faster way of creating this list than manually going to each machine.

I want to do this so that I can more easily automate Hardware/OS migrations.  If the product is installed with the wrong key, I want to have it reinstalled on the new hardware/OS with the correct key.  And also just to have better bookkeeping.

Or can I just keep using the volume key for a product version as long as I keep the install count at or under the purchased count?

We use Symantec Management Platform 7.5 for tracking.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not directly that I am aware.  The product validation in SWTAG files are encoded.  Adobe should be able to decode them but that's still going to be a lot of manual work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines