Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug when importing Ppt slides with animation: color changes to foam green

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am using Captivate 7 and I am experiencing what seems like a bug when I try to import Powerpoint slides that have animation effects and then publish the video as HTML5.

I am using Ppt 2007 and importing the slides as .pptx files using the Import> Ppt slides command in Captivate.

An example of Ppt slide that I need to import is this: in the slide, there are two groups, created by grouping together several objects (lines, shapes etc). One group has a fade effect applied on it, while the other group has a diagonal down right movement applied to it.

When I import the slide in Captivate, the following happens:

If I do not select the High fidelity check box, then the Ppt slide is imported as static, and no effect is shown in the HTML5 video, although the effect is shown in the Captivate preview.

If I select the High fidelity check box, then the Ppt slide is imported with the effect, and with the original Ppt colors, but as soon as I press F3 to play the slide, or F4 to play the whole project, or I publish the video in HTML5 output, all the original colors change to foam green for the fill in and black for the shape outlines. Furthermore, the text boxes are displayed with their box frame displayed:

ORIGINAL PPT IMAGE:

image_no_bug.png

RESULT AFTER CAPTIVATE IMPORT:

image_bug.png

I have read in the forum several posts on this issue, eg colors being changed to foam green even with static Ppt slides, and I tried to apply the suggestions, but none seems to work.

Any help will be appreciated.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?