Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent Playbar in HTML5

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working in CP7 on an HTML5 course. I have created custom navigation, so I'm not using the playbar. However, in order to get the Closed Captioning to show up above my custom nav, I turned on the playbar, turned off all of the buttons, and made everything transparent.

Everything looks great if you watch the SWF version on a PC, but if you open the HTML5 version there is a thin, gray vertical bar that shows up in the bottom center area of the project (so it's clearly my transparent playbar).

Has anyone tried this before as a workaround to getting the Closed Captioning to show up higher than normal so it doesn't overlay on your custom nav? And is there anything I could do to remove that thin vertical line? I've tried changing the colors to match the background, but it still shows up in that same gray color.

Thanks,

Kristen

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Mar 22, 2014 Mar 22, 2014

Test the output on your hard drive until you get it right by using the method I suggested. Then when you have the correct number, edit the HTML5DivStruct.txt file in the location below, You would add the top:240px; to the file in the same place. It would always publish your project the same then. Make a backup file and or just remove the added code when you no longer need it.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 7 x64\Templates\Publish\HTML5DivStruct.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot. I just tried what you said and I have no thin bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2014 Mar 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kristen, why don't you create a custom CC button as well?

http://blog.lilybiri.com/toggle-shape-buttons

I would now replace the advanced by a shared action, can be used in any project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did create a custom CC button using a shape button. However, I need the actual captioning itself to show above my custom buttons (not overlay on top of them). Since you can't move the captioning to a certain place on the screen, I turned on the playbar and made it transparent. When I did this, the captioning displays just above my custom nav. Now, it's no longer hidden when the learner turns on the CC.

The problem is in my HTML5 version. A tiny sliver of that invisible CP playbar is showing itself (even though I have no buttons active). It does not show up in the SWF version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of it from my phone...see the gray vertical bar at the bottom? That doesn't show up in the swf version of this course...only on the HTML5 version.

photo.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty easy to move the Closed Caption in HTML 5 output. In the index.html file, find <div id='cc' style='left:0px; and replace it with <div id='cc' style='left:0px; top:240px;

You'll need to adjust the 240px until you get it where you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. However, I'm publishing directly to Adobe Connect from Captivate. So I never publish the files out to my desktop or hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test the output on your hard drive until you get it right by using the method I suggested. Then when you have the correct number, edit the HTML5DivStruct.txt file in the location below, You would add the top:240px; to the file in the same place. It would always publish your project the same then. Make a backup file and or just remove the added code when you no longer need it.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 7 x64\Templates\Publish\HTML5DivStruct.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That worked beautifully!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're quite welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources