Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Visible in Output" vs. Visible

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to captivate and have been happily going along making my slides.  On some slides, I have been able to deselect "visible" on a text caption.  But, recently, I changed the theme so the background looks nice, and now every time I add a text caption, I get a "Visible in output" box to check instead of "visible".  Therefore, my text is not appearling on the slide after a certain amount of time as I would like.  What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you perhaps confusing the visibility in the Timeline with the Visible in Output option in the properties?

Timeline visibility:

tmp1.png

Visible in Output:

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for trying to help me! 

I have a slide open on my screen and I am trying to edit the various elements on the slide, including some bulleted text that is to appear gradually on the slide.  When I highlight one of the text captions, the Properties tab only shows "Visible in Output".  Though I am not meaning to interact with the Timeline itself, I wonder if I have somehow accidentally targeted something the wrong way and that's why it isn't showing the way it was before.  Here's my screen:

Screen Shot 2014-03-24 at 4.44.49 PM.png

See how I have the text caption selected?  But on the right hand side (if you can see it) in the properties pane, it says "Visible in Output".  Do I have something selected somewhere that I shouldn't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

No, "Visible in Output" is exactly what I'd expect to see here. In Adobe Captivate, you have an ability to clear this check box. And when you view the output you do not see the object. Perhaps you have a set of conditions that will make the object become visible.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that is interesting.  So, when I choose the little "Play" icon at the top:

Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 12.03.49 PM.png

and select "Play Slide", the text captions or images appear as I would like them to on the slide.

However, when I choose to "In Web Browser", most of them don't appear at all.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share an image of the timeline for the slide in question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a picture of the timeline, which I haven't worked in very much...

Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 12.20.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are certain that for each item that is NOT appearing, you have a check mark in the "Visible in Output" check box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have them all set without a check mark in "Visible in Output", because I didn't want them to appear until a certain time.  That seemed to work in the "Play Slide" option.  Is that not what I am supposed to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I think I see.

As I tried (and apparently failed) to say in an earlier reply, you MUST have the check mark showing. Otherwise the object will not show in the output. That option is for use with Advanced Actions where you may have something hidden until an advanced action causes it to show.

So there are really two different things going on here.

1. You seem to be previewing using the "Play this slide" type of preview. That's seldom a good idea.

2. You need to enable the "Visible in Output" option for the objects that are "missing".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

I'm not sure why I got the idea that I needed to uncheck that box, but I really appreciate you taking that time to help me troubleshoot that!

Have a great day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources