Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URGENT problems installing TCS5

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have been using TCS4 on my computer at work, then upgraded to TCS5 and then my computer was replaced. Brand new computer, no useless software installed. Yesterday I have been trying all day to install TCS5 on the new computer, but it always failed to install different components. At first it failed to install Distiller, then it failed to install FrameMaker 12 and eventually it failed to installed almost all of the components. I have been uninstalling it and reinstalling it a million times since yesterday, deleted every Adobe folder I could find, cleaned evey Adobe registry entry I could find and here I am still trying to install the suite.

My guess is that some registry keys with impossible to guess names are still left behind. How can I do a complete removal of EVERYTHING related to Adobe? I have tried the Creative Cloud cleanul utility, it didn't have any effect, didn't remove anything.

I am quite lost at this point and I'm wasting precious time trying to install 13 GB (!!!) worth of software.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated. How can I get the whole suite to install properly?

Thanks,

theZenPanda.

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off are you logged in as a full local admin? You’ll probably also have to give yourself access to your c:\ drive (it’s not automatic anymore with being a local admin). You can use a tool like revouninstaller to good effect in cleaning up all hard to reach places in the registry.

If you’re still having issues, contact Adobe Support – it’s usually a free call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still having problems?

What are the error messages received?  I had a similar problem, all fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

Please email your contact details at tcssup@adobe.com and we will assist you in installing TCS 5.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines