• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forums module can you have a logging user return to where they were?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2014 Mar 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a non-logged in user is looking at forums topics and finds one they want to comment on. They are asked to log in but are jumped into the general secure zones user area. How can you have them return to the forum topic they were on? I have used a hack to give them a button to return to the page they were on but it only works 50-50 as the trick goes back to a page in a state before they were logged in so the browser doesn't always see them as logged in.

My litte button script is below that just uses the browser history.  Any help would be great.

I heard there is a tutorial in bcgurus i might look at later but if there is anything out there besides that I am all ears.

<h2>Retun to the Page I was at.</h2>

<script>

function goBack()

{

window.history.go(-2)

}

</script>

<p><button onclick="goBack()">Go Back</button>Go back to where you were when you logged in. </p>

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone have any advice for this? So far not having any luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines