• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with changing themes

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my department, our approach for keeping everyone's designs cohesive is to use Captivate's themes. The way that I have constructed these themes is with a set list of custom set style names. The style names are the same no matter which theme you choose, but the look and feel of those styles are different by theme.

The problem comes in if I begin a project, and sometime during development, I decide that I would like to change to one of the other themes that we have created. Now, I would think that due to all of my themes having the same style names, any styles that i'm using in that project would simply be overridden by the same style name for the new theme. That's not the case. Any elements I have in my project keep the same properties as they did in the previous theme, and those style names are then appended with a "_1" at the end.

As of now, when this happens, I have to go and change the style of every caption, smart shape, and button to the same style name, without the "_1." Does anyone know of a way to make Captivate override styles from theme to theme if the style names are the same?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If all you want to do is change to a different set of styles from a different them, and you do NOT need to change the entire look and feel of the project, then you are better advised to just import a complete set of styles rather than apply a different theme.

If you export all styles (as a single file) from each of your themes that share the same style names, then you can import that entire set of styles into a different project file.  When you import a style set that has styles named identically to some in the target project, you will be asked to confirm whether or not you want the existing styles to be over-ridden.  If you agree, then you will NOT end up with replication of styles.

However, for some reason, this option ONLY exists when importing styles, not when applying (or even reapplying) a theme.

I believe this is an area of Captivate that needs to be improved as it is a big disincentive to using Themes to control look and feel of a group of projects.

Feel free to log an enhancement request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources