• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First Slide Display in Captivate 6 with Auto-Play turned off

Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Captivate 6.0.1.240 as part of the TCS4. I've noticed that a feature that used to work in 5 now no longer seems to be working. According to the help, if you turn off auto-play of your published content and don't specify an image to be used, the first slide of your project is supposed to be used:

Define how a project starts and ends 

Select Edit > Preferences > Project > Start And End (Windows) or Adobe Captivate > Preferences > Project > Start And End (Mac OS) and specify the following preferences:

Auto Play

The movie starts playing as soon as it is downloaded. If you want the movie to play only after the user clicks the Play button, deselect this option. You can display an image until the user starts playing the movie. Click Browse (...) to select the image. If you do not select an image, the first slide of the movie is displayed.

This worked fine in Captivate 5 as I used it to show a title card (just a caption textbox), but now it's just showing a blank screen with the play control on it. Anybody seen this behaviour or know if it's fixed in 7? I'm going to try and rig up a test with a trial version of 7 to test before I log it as a bug.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you always needed to add a poster image, had to do thhat for all the

movie in my blog, also for version 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certainly didn’t have to do that before & the help notes certainly indicate that the default will be the first slide if you don’t specify an image file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally got around to hauling down the TCS5 demo and giving it a test - it's still busted in Captivate 7 too - just a play control showing. Oh well, off to log a bug report ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources