• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add an effect to a SmartShape on hover?

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add an effect to a smartshape on hover. For example, I've created a green rectangle which is a smartshape and is being used as a button. I have two instances of this button on a slide and am trying to do the following:

1) SmartShape A (Green rectangle) = On hover, I want this green rectangle to change it's fill color to blue.

2) SmartShape B (Green rectangle) = On hover, I want this rectangle to have a 4px yellow border (the original had no border, i.e. stroke width =0)

How would I do this without using additional objects?

For example, I don't want to have a duplicate of this smartshape (for each instance), that is used as a rollover shape which superimposes the original shape on hover -- I dont even know if that would work, sounds okay in theory though.

But it would be great if someone could help me with this, I've been struggling for some time to figure out this effect.

Thanks so much,

Sean

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hover is not an event that can trigger something, with the exception of the rollover slidelet area. Maybe you'd need the Eventhandler widget of InfoSemantics (for SWF-output only).

Even your suggestion with the rollover shape will not work, because the rollover area will have to cover the shape button and thus will take away its functionality as button.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri. Yeah, I thought as much and was hoping there would be a sort of workaround. I don't know, for some reason I have a fear of using widgets (probably because I've never used them before).

It's sad that Captivate doesn't allow this natively, I wish this is an addition to Captivate 8.

-Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL, in the words of my father: Wish in one hand and spit in the other. See which one gets full faster!

It's the same issue I have with the title of an old book written by Napoleon Hill. Its name is "Think and Grow Rich". It's missing a word! *ACT*. Nobody just thinks and grows rich. Everyone must *ACT* on their thoughts.

So that's why I'm posting. Sure, it's great to state that you wish something were a certain way in Captivate or any other app. What you need to do is to tell Adobe about it. And you do that by visiting the link below and completing the wish form!

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources