• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to show file upload progress for web form submission?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made a simple form as a test. There are 3 files being submitted here via a "web form".

Files being uploaded in this case are of these sizes:

110MB

9MB

24MB

I'm testing functionality that will let a print shop's clients upload their files. For larger files they'll use FTP but this "order form" does a lot of business for them so we're trying to replicate in BC.

My problem is that I am wondering if there is a way to show the "upload progress" as a total %. Such as a visual status bar, etc.

As of now the only way it's showing is in the default browser status bar (chrome in this case):

http://cl.ly/image/1d3U0S1h2521

----------------------------------------------

I read somewhere that the limit is 150MB for an upload. Wondering if that means 150MB TOTAL as in 3 files combined in my case. Or If I chose to allow 3 files to be attached would it allow for 450MB?

Also, if you do a user submitted web app instead and allow people to attach files that way, does the same file limit apply?

My second issue is that the upload speed seems to be SLOW. I know it's not my connection because on my non BC site as well as another with the same form, the files upload fairly fast. But on BC it just crawls and on a few tests I get this:

http://cl.ly/image/2T2q160M1R1n

Any help or suggestions with the file upload progress as well as file upload speed would be appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no server return data so it is something you can ot do until that changes I am afraid.

The file limit was increased to 250mb and there is no way to change the BC behavior to allow larger files to be uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2014 Apr 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if i have 3 files to be uploaded, the max allowed is 750MB correct? (just wondering if when uploading its 250mb total or per file).

Guess i'll do something fake to make it appear its working with a loading graphic or something.

My web browser (chrome in this case) shows the % uploaded. I wonder if all web browsers do the same. I havent tested yet.

If only there were a way to have javascript or something grab that same #% from the web browser itself and just format it to appear where I want on the form along with the % uploading.

Anyone know if that's possible?

Here's where Chrome for mac shows it:

http://cl.ly/image/1c3i3x25262j

If I could grab that (uploading 19%) from the browser and format it into css/html i'd be gold.

Then find if similar browsers do the same and write some js for each browser specifically to grab it.

In a perfect world at least....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2014 Apr 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The max file upload limit in terms of multiple files is until you run out of space. Each file can be no mor then 250mb.

I just show a loading graphic with out percentage etc to give indication something is happening.

In terms of uploading - I know what you mean but javascript can not access certain things for several reasons as should be obvious

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines