• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wrong character in garamond premier pro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i just found a character miss-match in the font "garamond premier pro" regular (italic = fine).

it´s the symbol PHI (U+03C6) and the letter phi (U+03D5) they are mixed up.

i know there are several variant forms of the symbol "phi" - but they should be consistant in one fontfamily.

phi_font.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

I confirm that this was a bug in version 1.014 of the family, which got fixed in the next major version (2.x).

The italics are correct. The bug affects only the phi symbol (U+03D5) of the upright weights; the shape of that character should resemble a circle with a vertical bar through it.

The shape of the italic phi letter (U+03C6) without the vertical stroke above the x-height is "as designed". The shape of that letter in the upright weights is also "as designed".

It seems like you have the older

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for clarification:

phi_font3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I confirm that this was a bug in version 1.014 of the family, which got fixed in the next major version (2.x).

The italics are correct. The bug affects only the phi symbol (U+03D5) of the upright weights; the shape of that character should resemble a circle with a vertical bar through it.

The shape of the italic phi letter (U+03C6) without the vertical stroke above the x-height is "as designed". The shape of that letter in the upright weights is also "as designed".

It seems like you have the older version of the family. I will send you the corrected version off-line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines