• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App Packager

Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

On 24 June I'll be presenting a couple of mobile apps that we've developed using Captivate / Captivate App Packager to a working group discussing the implementation of mobile applications in the National Health Service of central England.

Would you please indicate whether I should tell them:

(a) This route is now viable, providing a possibility of rapid development of affordable apps by non-programmers.

OR...

(b) Adobe are not really committed to this route and don't appear to be working on bugs such as:

• A large empty band at the bottom of Windows Phone 8 screens
  • No sound possible in Android

Thanks

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

If anybody stumbles across this post while searching for information on App Packager or PhoneGap Build, here are my conclusions:

I am no longer accepting contracts or client requests to use this approach to package Captivate e-learning output as standalone mobile apps; and I advise everybody else to do the same.  The feature is, at best, in beta, and is entirely unsupported by either Captivate or PhoneGap Build.  Very few people on the Captivate forums are using it either, so you'll be lucky to g

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE NOTE: This forum is NOT Adobe.

This is merely a user forum set up BY Adobe to provide a way for Captivate users to support each other with solutions to problems they encounter.

If you have a question to be answered by Adobe (the company) then you need to go to them directly.

And in answer to your next question: No we do not have their phone number.  Look on their website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anybody stumbles across this post while searching for information on App Packager or PhoneGap Build, here are my conclusions:

I am no longer accepting contracts or client requests to use this approach to package Captivate e-learning output as standalone mobile apps; and I advise everybody else to do the same.  The feature is, at best, in beta, and is entirely unsupported by either Captivate or PhoneGap Build.  Very few people on the Captivate forums are using it either, so you'll be lucky to get any peer support.  Captivate App Packager and PhoneGap Build teams have nothing to do with each other.  By all means, have a look at it out of interest or for mucking about, but DO NOT rely on it for any kind of paid work, or you will be badly let down and left looking foolish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources