• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5.5 Slide Advance Issue

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all - I have an Adobe Captivate 5.5 project with exaclt 36 slides in it. The last 11 slides being a 10 question quiz with a final scoring page. The timing on the scoring page is exactly 19.2 seconds, and the project should end at that point, and then it should launch a URL that I added to the "at end" preference. The problem that I am having is that sometimes the URL is launched after the scoring slide ends at 19.2 seconds, and sometimes it is not.Sometimes there is an additional 15 - 20 second lag before the URL is launched. Also, when I click the embedded "Continue" button on the scoring page, it never works. I am assuming it should end the project and launch the URL.The forward arrow button does not work either. Thank you in advance for any help you are able to provide with this.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Hmmm, have different questions.

1. Where is the pausing point on the score slide? Don't look in the Timing, but at the timeline: thin black vertical line right to a white double line is the pausing? Because you extended the score slide that much (default is 3secs), if you leave the actions for Pass/ Fail on Quiz level to the default 'Continue', the playhead will have to continue for the rest of the slide after the pausing point.
  2. 'At End' Preferences? Is this in Preferences, Project, Start and End, Ac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an LMS involved in all of this?

What are your settings under Quiz > Settings > Required dropdown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello RodWard,

Thank you for your response. No, I have not connected this project to any LMS system. The Quiz|Settings|Required options are shown in the graphic below:

Adobe Captivate Quiz Settings 1.jpg

Thank you in advance for any assistance you are able to provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change from Answer All to Optional and see if that resolves your navigation issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, have different questions.

1. Where is the pausing point on the score slide? Don't look in the Timing, but at the timeline: thin black vertical line right to a white double line is the pausing? Because you extended the score slide that much (default is 3secs), if you leave the actions for Pass/ Fail on Quiz level to the default 'Continue', the playhead will have to continue for the rest of the slide after the pausing point.
  2. 'At End' Preferences? Is this in Preferences, Project, Start and End, Action at End?

Personal I would recommend to have one short slide after the Score slide (never have that as last slide), and launch the URL with the On Enter event of that short slide.

But be sure either to change the Pass/Fail default setting on Quiz Level of 'Continue' to 'Go to Next Slide'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri,

Thank you for your response. The pausing point for the score slide is at 1.9 seconds (Active (1.9)|Inactive (17.3)). Yes, the Edit|Preferences|Project|Start and End|Project End Options:|Action is where I have set Captivate to launch the URL.

I will try your suggestions and let you know how it goes. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources