• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 upgrade to RH9: after generating/publishing in WebHelp the left nav pane is empty

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

I have a project in RH8 on a computer with Windows XP. I copied the project and put it on a different computer with RH9 and Windows 7.

I did not change the folder/files names, and the project opened just fine on the new computer in RH9.

For generating/publishing, the directories/file names/publishing location, etc. are identical for both the RH8 and RH9 projects. However, after generating and/or publishing the RH9 project in WebHelp, the left navigation pane is empty.

After generating the RH9 project in FlashHelp, the TOC displays, but after publishing, the left navigation pane is empty even though it was there after generating. Additionally, the RH9 project displays the FlashHelp skin after generating, but displays a WebHelp skin after publishing.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’ve got a bit of a mish-mash of statements here – generating & publishing are 2 separate actions. You need to isolate what the issue is. You generate WebHelp – where is it located? What browser are you using to look at it? The o/s of the machine you used to “make” the help, doesn’t come into play here.

Publishing just transfers the generated WebHelp up to some location – if you do it manually (via Explorer or your fav FTP software) is it behaving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In addition to the points Jeff made, if you are talking about FlashHelp, it's entirely possible that the PC where the TOC seems to work is equipped with a different version of the Adobe Flash player than another PC where it may be tested. But after you upload to a web server, you may also need to have the server admin tweak the MIME types so as to allow SWF files to transfer.

Lots of variables at play here... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response.

I generate WebHelp within RoboHelp and look at it using RoboHelp's button.

I publish by clicking the button in RoboHelp. I don't know how to do it any other way. I use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox to view it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp