• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conferencing Service Provider Adaptor?

Participant ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone assist me in learning about the Audio Conferencing Service Provider Adaptor as discussed on page 11 of the Adobe Connect 9 Technical Guide? It seems to suggest that it would provide tools within the Connect room itself to "...control all aspects of the audio conference such as starting and stopping a conference call, muting selected users, and so on. In addition, the adapter provides real-time indicators for current speaker and dial-in status." I can't locate any information on how to access these tools, how to configue them, or if they exist at all. Currently, the only way I can mute specific people in the conference call is via Verizon's web interface, but doing so directly in the Connect room would be so much easier. Can anyone assist me with understanding this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

I've not heard of Verizon having an adaptor, but then again, maybe they partner with one of the 'premiere' audio providers. I suppose that UV could also be considered an adaptor, but that would be a stretch. Sadly, it wouldn't be the first time that Support gave less than accurate info. There are some great individuals on the Support team, they tend to help out here on the forums, but if you are dealing with Tier 1 support, they tend to only be able to infer information about these products.

Here

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are adaptors for Premiere Global, MeetingOne, Arkadin and Intercall phone bridges. Your Verizon phone bridge should be configured using Universal Voice, and it doesn't provide those options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is very helpful but it doesn't agree with what I was told by

Connect Tech Support over the phone. According to them, Verizon does offer

such an adaptor. Could they have given me incorrect information?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've not heard of Verizon having an adaptor, but then again, maybe they partner with one of the 'premiere' audio providers. I suppose that UV could also be considered an adaptor, but that would be a stretch. Sadly, it wouldn't be the first time that Support gave less than accurate info. There are some great individuals on the Support team, they tend to help out here on the forums, but if you are dealing with Tier 1 support, they tend to only be able to infer information about these products.

Here is the part of the product page that lists the partners with integration providing 'advanced audio capabilites'. Verizon is not on the list: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect/features._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_solution_sl_web+meetings...

From that page:

Advanced audio capabilities are available via premiere partners PGi and InterCall as well as Avaya, Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, and MeetingOne.

In the walkthrough of configuring UV, a Verizon bridge is used: https://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2012/10/universal_voice_setup/index.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines