Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript allows setting of more variables? CP7

Contributor ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running CP7 and am just getting my feet wet with javascripting. Will javascript allow me to set more variables than I can through advanced actions? I am interested in trying to manipulate the quiz score vars that report to my LMS to customize some stuff. I want to change things like cpQuizPointsscored. Wondered if it would be possible through js, or is js limited by what it can get/set the same as the limitations withing advanced actions?

Thanks!
  Lori

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do anything you want with any variable that is reported to the LMS as long as you "hijack" the functions and block Captivate from reporting. You would need to add a function that you use the call any scoring functions, set a boolean variable and if that variable is not true, return out of the function, thus disabling Captivate from reporting the score.

Based on how you set up the SCORM reporting in your Quiz Settings, Captivate will report to the LMS what you tell it to report. You can also turn off any reporting and make all of the SCORM call through JavaScript yourself. You can include the sormdriver.js file to your output html file after publishing without any reporting.

It's much easier if you create your own SCORM file to make any calls you wish to make.

We use our own SCORM files and control everything ourselves. You need to have a decent understanding of SCORM though to use this method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources