• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URLLoader on Android - unexpected behavior

Enthusiast ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On an android tablet I'm making a call to a web service. In testing, I'm using an incorrect URL and then listening for Event.COMPLETE, and IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR. Since the URL is incorrect I should get the error handler... but I don't Event.COMPLETE fires.

If i test on my desktop then it works as expected with the Error event firing, but on the device all I get is Event.COMPLETE and no error, even with a bad URL.

Any ideas? Did some Googling, couldn't find a reason for this behavior.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes ISPs or mobile networks attempt to assist you when you enter an invalid URL. For example, Verizon FIOS annoyingly doesn't time out, create errors, etc, it brings up its own Verizon Search Assist engine and gives you alternate options, which unfortunately also is a 200 OK.

assist.png

You can get around these services by modifying your DNS settings but regardless, try an URL that's simply outright invalid. Your carrier might be doing this to you.

Try a completely bogus address like http://123.456.857.313 to try to get around that. The above laaalalala..etc fires an Event.COMPLETE for me but the invalid numeric IP gives me:

[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: http://123.456.857.313" errorID=2032]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines