• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delayed visibility of objects not working

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to delay the visibility of an image on one of my projects. The image is the top layer on my time line. I have made sure no objects in the projects has a pause applied to it. When I simply play the project on my time line, the image appears when it is supposed to, but as soon as i preview in a browser, it just never shows.
Can someone help?
See screenshot attached. The image I want to see after a afew seconds is the one titled "Goggles-magnified 420". captivate-timeline-problem.jpg

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you select the image, and show the Properties? Maybe you unchecked 'Visible in output'?

There is a pause on a button, I don't know what that button is doing, pause is after the timeline of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybri, yes, I had checked that the visibility was ticked.
I have now solved the problem just by trying random things, and I must say, my solution does not seem to make sense, but it works: I unticked the "show/hide item" (see red crosses on the timeline, next to each item's description), and this made the whole animation work in web browser preview..... 🙂
i now hope this will work when i upload my course in my LMS ....fingers crossed

Thanks for your help anyway
JDKDcaptivate-timeline-problem-solved.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not logical at all, that visibility check has only meaning for editing on the stage, no effect whatsoever on what happens when published. There must be something else going on, hope you are not getting a corrupt project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's what I said in my post. Yet, it did work, and is also working on the live LMS site... good enough for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources