• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install now says Total size=17MB but Adobe's Install-now button offers only a 1.0 MB file!

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Adobe webpage URL = http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

2.  Webpage recognizes my system with this statement:  "Your system: Windows 64-bit , English, Firefox" correctly - OS is 64-bit Windows 8, Firefox is v28.0.. 

3.  Under the big, yellow, Install now button, it says, Total size 17MB. (McAfee checkbox is de-checked)

4..Clicking the big, yellow, Install now button, it offers to download filename = install_flashplayer13x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe,   size = 1.0 MB!!

4.1  Should that file name contain "x32?" Shouldn't it be, "x64"?  (See "Your system:Windows 64-bit , English, Firefox" , 2. above)

4.2  Shouldn't the filesize be 17 MB?

5.  That file downloaded, was saved (filesize=1.045MB), and started (new download and run 6 times, now)  -- --   and it cannot complete - A problem was encountered...    No inication of what the problem was.

6.  Started over, each time;   I disabled my AVG protection first, every time; including its firewall; I uninstalled FP v12.0.0.77 after the 2nd try.   After the 5th, I disabled NoScript add-on's script blocking (no scripts blocked, now). Disabled other extensions, too. Nothing made any difference in results.

7.  The Help link for Win 8 installs takes me to a page for Win 8 with Internet Explorer, and does not offer a Help page for Win 8 with Firefox. No other help seems to be provided than that for IE.

8.  Chat button had legend underneath saying An agent is available, but clkg on Chat did nothing, esp., No Chat window opened!

9.  How can I get this AFP v13 to install for Firefox?

Message was edited by: FallingRock

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/  <---"Stub" installer - 1mb file downloads the rest through the GUI.

IE for Win 8 has a different Plug-in that you CANNOT download or install from here. It's modified and embedded by Microsoft and can ONLY be updated through Windows Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/  <---"Stub" installer - 1mb file downloads the rest through the GUI.

IE for Win 8 has a different Plug-in that you CANNOT download or install from here. It's modified and embedded by Microsoft and can ONLY be updated through Windows Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mr. Mike M -

TNX!  That 17 MB installer for Firefox in Win 8 installed without incident, and is working. That was a good link you gave us. Wonder why I missed it if it was there, and why Adobe didn't point me to that installer file, when I first needed it, if it wasn't there. .

Thanks, again.

Sincerely,

F. R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines