• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Group Policy Missing Document Icon

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dealing with the missing document icon issue with my group policy deployment. I've tried the icon cache rebuild as suggested in another thread but that didn't take. I am using user configuration for my group policy deployment (Yes, I know the conventional wisdom is to use computer configuration, but I'm pretty much tied to this option). In the Customization Wizard, I am trying to set the value for HCR->AcroExch.Document.11->DefaultIcon to point to the document icon within the user's roaming app data. The value I'm using is "[APPDATA]\Microsoft\Installer\[ProductCode]\PDFFile_8.ico,0" (w/o quotes). Can somebody let me know if my environment variables are correct and also give some other ideas as to what I can do? Thanks much!

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Here is the fix for those that are having the same problem. Under Direct Editor in the Customization Wizard, find all the DefaultIcon keys and replace "[WindowsFolder]" with

"[%USERPROFILE]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\".  It's a royal pain, but with any luck Adobe will rectify this with Reader 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the fix for those that are having the same problem. Under Direct Editor in the Customization Wizard, find all the DefaultIcon keys and replace "[WindowsFolder]" with

"[%USERPROFILE]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\".  It's a royal pain, but with any luck Adobe will rectify this with Reader 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines