• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help me-adobe flash player install box "run" or "saveas" will not pop open when I install or update

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows vista 64. I already have flash player13 and reader x 10.1.9 but I can not get FLASH back.

It wasn't working on youtube. So I tried to update it. Went to adobe and clicked the yellow button to check to see if I had adobe flash. It said I didn't have it installed. I then went to control panel and checked programs and IT WAS installed. So I deleted it. Then went back to adobe page and tried to re-install the newest flash player.

Again. . . the dialogue box that normally pops up to choose;run or saveas Will not and Does not POP! I re-set my cpu 3 times during the process in order to get a clean go at it too.

Anyway thanks for your help and let me know please.

ps I figure this is something that may be fine in a week or two. But I still want to know wtf happened here and what did I do wrong.

Thanks

peace

josh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Save that. Close your browser and run it. Then, it'll be installed.

Then, see: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448 and  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you for the download. I have gotten the "flash player" downloaded and it shows in my control panel. NOW I am in need of the Adobe "acrobat reader" and the "active x control." Please help me with a link to to acrobat reader. I don't know why your link works, but the link at the website does not. Could it be my settings? I went to manage add-ons and shock wave flash is enabled.

I can't figure this out.

I thank you very much for your help in advance.

peace

josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActiveX is part of Internet Explorer. You can't download it. Not here anyway.

Reader can be downloaded here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

That also, is a FULL installer, so it'll be able to run offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE. . . I only need "acrobat reader." I have confirmed the install of the others. 

thanks

josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines